Monday, June 22, 2009

gouache experimenting

I yanked out my old gouache set a couple days ago. I had used them before for mixed media pieces, but had never given them a fair shot as the main medium for a piece. Now that I've gotten a chance to thoroughly play with them, I've found that I like them very much. They look a lot like watercolors, but they have the added benefit of layering very well without diluting the color underneath. Also, the finish is matte, as opposed to the glaze-like finish you get with some watercolor, so they can be easily worked over with other mediums.


melon juice
gouache and sharpie on A5 paper
click image for full size

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...