Thursday, June 18, 2009

what's inspired me lately

1. Fallen Princesses by Dina Goldstein

As a new mother I have been able to get a close up look at the phenomenon of young girls fascinated with Princesses and their desire to dress up like them. The Disney versions almost always have sad beginning, with an overbearing female villain, and the end is predictably a happy one. The Prince usually saves the day and makes the victimized young beauty into a Princess.


2. Drawings by Lauren Albert

I've been following her work on deviantArt for a couple years and she never fails to amaze me.

3.Hats by Monica Burnett.

I'm not much of a hat wearer myself, but I love all things handmade, and Monica's got great style. She also makes headbands, sells vintage finds and handmade items on ebay and etsy and keeps a blog. Busy girl!

4.Sia's "Buttons" video.

watch the video here.
I fiercely advocate the notion that creative things don't have to be "serious" to be credible, and Sia proves that point in nearly everything she does.

5.Planet Fabulon

My favorite blog for getting my daily dose of fabulosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...