Sunday, September 16, 2012

Progress on Iris, and I got an award!

I got a lot of work done on my iris girl today and I want to show her off, even though she's still a long way from completion.

So, she's got hair and a back and a neck now. Oh, and a necklace, which wasn't in my plans, but is currently my favorite part. I based the stones off the jasper in this Tamara Comolli bracelet that costs 3x as much as my car.

I spent 3 hours today on the hair alone and it still needs so much work. Hair just never gets easier. If you want it to look realistic, you have to put in the time.

I also altered the face a bunch because she was starting to look like Shannen Doherty. It's really hard for me to invent a face without it starting to look like someone. Here....I'll show ya a side-by-side of the face before and after today's changes.



 Now that I see them side-by-side I can tell I did a lot of work for some very subtle changes. But, I think it was worth it because before she looked sort of disgruntled and now she looks more peaceful (and less like Shannen Doherty).  I darkened the eyelids (making the eyeballs look brighter), lengthened and softened the eyelashes, added detail to the nose (deepening shadows, mostly), widened and plumped the lips, deepened shadows and boosted highlights and saturation on the lips    (by painting in colors, not with photoshop color adjustment tools), added blush, softened the jaw line, and shaped the shadows of the hair to wrap around the face.

Enough about Iris. Look at my neato award thingy that Zazzle sent me yesterday for my Victorian Floral Folio being chosen as one of the day's best items.

I also made my first Zazzle sale yesterday. I'm not sure if it was related to being featured or not. The sale was for my Halloween Costume Party Invites. Unlike Etsy, I don't get to see any info about who bought my stuff, so...if it was one of you, let me know and I'll tell you how awesome you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...