Thursday, September 6, 2012

Witchy work in progress, Part 1.

I recently crated this logo to go on Samhain postcards, but I didn't like it enough for it to be the main focus of the card.

So, I decided to do a painting to accompany it. It's still many hours from completion, but I've been capturing images of the process along the way to share.

Super rough sketch.

Detailed sketch.

Blocking out background color.

Blending the background.

Further blending on the background.

Refining the background.

Blocking out the color on the figure.

Sketch removed.

Blocking out the highlights and shadows on the flesh.

Rough blending on the flesh, highlights added on the cape.

Highlights on the cape roughly blended, highlights added to the hair.

Decided I hated the face.

Rough new face.

Blending the new face.

Further refining the face.

More refining on the nose and mouth, shadowing added around the hairline and on the neck.
Stay tuned to see how this piece turns out.

[Edit: Part 2 is here.]

1 comment:

  1. should have a lantern hanging from the front of her broom

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...