Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Harlequin



While the rest of the world is getting ready for Thanksgiving, I’m working on designs for February
http://www.zazzle.com/jenhoneydesigns/mardi+gras
Check out the new Mardi Gras section of my Zazzle shop!
and March events. Usually, I’d hold back on sharing designs until the appropriate time, but I just can’t wait to talk about the Mardi Gras themed work I’ve been doing. I didn’t know much about Mardi Gras before I started. Living in California, the closest I’ve ever been to a Mardi Gras celebration is New Orleans Square inside Disneyland. So, I had to do a lot of research and I became fascinated with the imagery.

I’ve always thought of Jesters as something similar to mimes and clowns. And I do not like clowns. But, in my Mardi Gras research I found that jesters can actually be totally fancy and glamorous. So, I had to paint one. This was my first time painting sequins, and I think that from now on I’ll be looking for every possible excuse to paint sequins again.
Prints available

Here are a few snapshots from this painting while it was in progress:



I also promised in the last post that I’d show off the makeup jobs that I did for Halloween. Unfortunately, that day ended up being kind of a flop, so I only have one pic to show. This is my friend Danielle, and her sugar skull makeup. Thank you, Dani, for being a great supporter and more than once even being my canvas!

 There's another big post coming on Friday. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...