Friday, November 29, 2013

Sketches and stuff

I don't wait for inspiration to create. I draw or paint or design every day, even if it's just a mechanical act in order to keep my hand from forgetting how. Lately I've been indecisive and uninspired, so my sketchbooks are seeing a lot of half-baked, abandoned ideas.

I got lots of pens for my birthday. Still trying to figure out how to best use them.


I can't decide if I like this piece or not. But, at least I managed to get it finished.
I recently got a new computer and a new version of Photoshop. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get my Wacom tablet settings quite to how I like them. So, here are some facial studies of varying crappiness, done whilst trying to adapt to the new settings.



These are blind contour drawings. I hated these in school, but I still find them necessary from time to time, to get my eyes and hand better connected. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...