Wednesday, January 1, 2014

7 Resolutions for 2014

I always get super excited for the New year and all the potential it holds. I can never stick to one resolution. This year I've pared it down to 7.



Search your imagination before you turn to Google- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution01web.png
I have a terrible habit of going, "I have a good idea! Let me search it on google and see if it's been done before!"Inevitably, it has, and by searching it, I've just struck down any chance I had of doing it in my own, uninfluenced way.

Stop seeking approval- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution04web.png
Some people just don't value creativity. Some people will always hear "unemployed" when I say "freelance." It doesn't matter how talented or successful I am, I will never impress some people. Those people's opinions do not matter.



Beat the hell out of your workout shoes- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution06web.png
Yeah, this one's on my list every year. But, I figure that by stating it this way, I'm giving myself a visual goal, which might work out better for me, because, obviously, I am a very visual person.

Less Planning More doing- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- 
Typography and Lettering photo resolution07.png
I will always be a compulsive to-do-list-er. I'm just hoping to make my lists shorter and more attainable this year.

Today is that special occasion you've been waiting for- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution03web.png
Have you ever seen a little old lady at the grocery store wearing heaps of fancy costume jewelry? You know why they do that? Because they've finally realized that you can't wait for a special occasion to wear/do/be what you want. This year my fancy shoes and  expensive hair products and the best of my art supplies are going to be used and enjoyed.

Finish what you start- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution05web.png
I can't even explain how much more productive I would be if I didn't favor starting projects over finishing them.I will be keeping a list of everything I start this year, to be sure that I  also complete them.

Give Yourself Permission to be weird- 2014 New Year's Resolutions- Typography and Lettering photo resolution02web.png
At some point I must've decided that I needed to tame down my weirdness in order to be a "grown up". All that really does is make me feel boring. I'm done with that. Fly on, freak flag!

So, tell me in the comments...what's your resolution(s) this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...