Monday, January 6, 2014

Gel Prints + Paint Pens (and ink and other stuff, too)

I've been experimenting with painting and drawing on top of my gel prints.

I had laid a couple rubber bands on the print plate for this one, and the resulting image reminded me of fish, so I went with it and fleshed out some cartoony fish in paint pens, just for fun.

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 01-3.png

On this one I just added some designs in white paint pen.


gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 02-2.png

Then I experimented with digitally changing the coloration.

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 03-2.png

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 04-2.png

Gray marker doodles on top of a print that I textured with handmade foam stamps.

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 05-3.png

Color variations.

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 06-2.png

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 07-1.png

gel prints + ink and paint pens- mixed media artwork by JenHoney photo 08-1.png

I chose this bright one to use on a new line of products in my Zazzle shop. I named it "Neon Tendrils".

JenHoney Designs on Zazzle photo chalkboardneontendrils.png
Click to see the whole collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...