Thursday, January 2, 2014

My name is Jenna and I'm an art supply hoarder.

Last week I went through my art supply shelves and micro-organized everything. It was 2 days of what seemed like endlessly sorting pens and pencils and markers and chalks and pastels and paintbrushes.

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 09.jpg Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 02.jpg

I don't know what I'm going to do with all my chalks and charcoal. In the last couple of years it's become very clear to me that I am not a "dry media" type of artist. I like ink and paint and pens. But apparently I had to buy at least a dozen chalk pastel sets before I realized that.

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 05-1.jpg

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 06.jpg

You know what's ridiculous? Sorting through all this stuff only seemed to make me want MORE. It's a sickness, I tell ya.I look at all this stuff I have and all I see is what's missing. "Why do I only have this one tiny tube of modeling paste?  I know I don't use modeling paste, but if I wanted to, I'd definitely need more than this!"

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 03.jpg

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 07.jpg
See the Willow Green Chartpak marker in the clear box to the right of this photo? I know I've had that marker far too long, because the label is puppy-chewed...and my dog is 10 years old now.

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 08.jpg

I will not give into my art supply fetish, though. I will use these supplies up. ALL OF THEM!!!

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 010.jpg

That blank spot on the shelf (below) is taunting me. Constantly suggesting things that could be bought and placed there. "LALALALA, I can't hear you!"

Art Supply Fetish- JenHoney Blog photo 011.jpg

Heh. This doesn't even include my crafting supplies. Oh boy.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted you to know you are not alone. I love my art supplies. Do you keep markers lid up or lid down? gel pens? pens? etc?? Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Anne.
      I generally try to store things the same way they're displayed in stores. I don't know if it's correct to assume that's the right way, but it seems to work for me... Except with gel pens. I just had to throw away a handful of them. I think no matter how they're stored, they clog up if you go too long without using them.

      Delete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...