Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The May Queen, finally finished.

My first portrait of 2014 (not counting quick ones in my art journal) is finally done. I was watching Mad Men through most of the process of painting this, and I think I accidentally made her look a bit like Christina Hendricks (Joan). I named this May Queen because it was inspired by some reading I did about May Day festivals throughout history around the world. Sigh. Is it Springtime yet?

May Queen Painting by JenHoney
Click for prints, phone cases, cards, pillows and totes.

May Queen Painting (Detail) by JenHoney

May Queen Painting (Detail) by JenHoney

May Queen Painting (Detail) by JenHoney

1 comment:

  1. I keep coming back to look at your portrait. It's beautiful. I'm drawn in by the pensive look on her face. Today being chosen May Queen would be a happy event. I wonder what you read in the history of May Day that brought about your interpretation. (Yeah, I know I'm being nosy.)

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...