Saturday, February 1, 2014

29 Faces, because I'm a glutton for overworking myself.


Remember how earlier today I said that I'd be working and blogging less? Well, then I came across a challenge for the February, and it seems that if I come across a challenge on the day it begins, I can't help but join in.

29 faces challenge


So, I'll be drawing 29 faces in February. I'm pretty comfortable with drawing faces, so this shouldn't stress me out too much.

Here's my first one. It includes some neck and shoulders and a torso, too....I hope that's not against the rules.

29 faces challenge- feb 1, 2014- JenHoney Art + Design photo 29faces01jenhoney.jpg

I used a Derwent dark wash pencil, white gel pen, and a Sakura Micron pen. This sketch is very small- about 3"x4".

If you're reading this because you wandered over from the 29 faces blog, please say hi in the comments and know that you have my permission (and my encouragement) to pin my pieces from this challenge, or share them however you like so long as a link back here is provided. I'm a sharer.


 photo subscribeweb.png

16 comments:

  1. Yeah I wandered over from 29 Faces.
    Your sketch looks great and so is your portfolio Behance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying hi, Myriam! And thanks for checking out my portfolio as well. That reminds me that it desperately needs an update. Sigh. :)

      Delete
  2. I came via 29faces, hi from Finland!

    You have great technique, smooth lines and the composition pleases my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific hair and hatching detail! Great hand too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! Hands are difficult for me, so I'll be challenging myself to include them as much as possible.

      Delete
  4. wonderful sketch, such a great start to the challenge. Hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Annette. I'll be heading over to check out your blog soon!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pen and ink work. And pencil. You draw beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jen and I honoured you linked with paper Saturdays too!!! I am looking forward to seeing more faces :). manonX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manon, I had a lot of fun checking out your blog and I'll definitely be back soon!

      Delete
  7. Lovely drawing! It's very sensuous. I can't believe it's so small.....

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...