Saturday, February 22, 2014

Stamp and Stencil Saturday: A Sneaky Peek


I am so excited about this Photoshop "stamp" (brush) set that I've been working on! It still needs some finishing touches before it goes up for sale, but I couldn't wait to show it off.

  photo makeaface.png

I've created different brushes for every facial feature, with 5-12 options of each, so you can just select a feature,and click it into position. The combinations are endless. I actually spent a couple hours on the phone with my dad trying to come up with an exact number of possible faces that can be made out of these 55 brushes. We finally gave up when we realized that we don't know the names of numbers that big. When you consider factors like color choice, placement, and angle...it's more than a septillion (the biggest number I know of... I think). No joke.

  photo makeaface2.png

It's just occurred to me that technically, I have WAY over-fulfilled the requirements of the 29 Faces challenge that I've been participating in. Does this count as #19 through... infinity? I guess I'll just call it #19.

Anyway, freaky math stuff aside, I can imagine lots of fun uses for these brushes. I myself will probably be using them a lot on cards and invitations. And I'm thinking that if I ever start doing my art journaling digitally, these would be a fun way to illustrate my "mood of the day" on a journal page. And...perhaps they'd be fun for kids to use... if there are any Photoshop savvy kids out there. I'm sure there are. These days kids learn to use their parent's devices before they even learn how to speak.

So, this is going to be my last Stamp and Stencil Saturday. In March I'll be doing SATURDAY PATTERN-DAY instead. I want to put some focus on refining my pattern design skills. Of course I'll still be posting my work with stencils and stamps, it just won't be on a scheduled weekly basis.




 photo subscribeweb.png

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea! I can imagine it took quite some work, but seeing what you can do with it really makes it worth it ....

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...