Summer of Color is a 6 week blog party, hosted by Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle, celebrating (you guessed it) COLOR! This is the 4th year of SOC, but my first time participating. Each week a color palette is announced as a creative prompt. This week's colors are Coral & Teal with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Bright White
I have used this color palette to inspire me this week in a handful of different ways. First, a new painting:
Several years ago I bought a stranger's scrapbook from The Urban Ore in Berkeley, and it was full of all these gorgeous photos from a woman's tropical travels throughout the 50's-70's, but there wasn't one single photo of her. This painting is inspired by that scrapbook, and what I imagine she looked like. I call it "Palms".
Prints of this piece are available here.
Secondly, I've put together a collage of my products that fit in this color palette as a moodboard, and also as a bit of shameless self-promotion.
1. Teal Zebra Compact Mirror
2. Country Floral Baby Bib
3. Knobby Heart Flip Flops
4.Teal Zebra Minx Nail wraps
5. One Badass Mother Tee
6. Flower Girl Pinback Button
7. Customizable Coral Pet Bowl
8. Teal Zebra Wallet Phone Case
9. Navy and Coral Flourish iPhone 5 Case
Lastly, a few of my designer insider FUN FACTS!
* Here are some leftover items from the stranger's scrapbook that I mentioned. I've used most of the contents in collages and junk journal pages.
* The sample names that I use on my customizable products are often names of characters from TV shows or movies that I'm watching as I design the products. I was watching True Blood while designing the pet bowl I featured today. Here are some Thank You cards that must've been made while watching The Vampire Diaries, because the name "Ian Wesley" is a combination of the names of the actors Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley. And this Wedding Plate was designed while watching Dirty Dancing (John "Johnny" Castle and Frances "Baby" Houseman).
*Sometimes I actually go online shopping to determine what the figures in my paintings will wear. I chose these two items as inspiration for the outfit in this week's painting.
Thanks for stopping by!You can see the work of other SOC participants here.
NOTE TO MY FELLOW SOC FOLKS: I have a little issue with reading white text on black background (it gives me migraines), and I've noticed that lots of participants in this challenge have that color scheme on their blogs. So, if you've visited and commented and I haven't reciprocated, it's probably just because I can't stick around your page long enough to comment. Sorry about that!