Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer of Color Week 5: Red, Royal Blue and Light Blue


Summer of Color is a 6 week blog party, hosted by Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle, celebrating (you guessed it) COLOR! This is the 4th year of SOC, but my first time participating. Each week a color palette is announced as a creative prompt. This week's colors are Red & Royal Blue with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Light Blue


I can't believe it's week 5 already! I'm already getting nervous about what's going to keep me busy once this challenge is over.

I'm very happy with my entry this week.Unlike last week, as soon as I saw the palette, I knew what I wanted to paint, and the whole thing went along...swimmingly. (Pun! Zing!)


I had to include a close-up of the face because I think this is just the cutest fish face ever. Does anyone else baby-talk to pet fish the way we tend to do do with dogs and cats? "Who's a good widdle fishy? Blubber is! Yes he is! Blubber's a good boy!" No one? Just me? Fine.

I made an animation of the process, too. The compression makes it look kind of cruddy, but you get the idea of the progression of it. This was a rare occasion where I did the whole painting in one loooooong (8 hour) session. There were snack and potty breaks, but otherwise I was in a major painting trance.


This piece is available as POSTER PRINTS, CANVAS PRINTS, AND PILLOWS.

I think it makes a particularly lovely pillow.

http://www.zazzle.com/betta_fish_painting_pillow_throw_pillows-189229605236565985?rf=238764628746754987





 photo subscribeweb.png

21 comments:

  1. this is absolutely breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make a beautiful pillow. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors for this week are gorgeous!! i love your fishy...his face is pretty darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOOdness that is one pretty fish! :D No, you are not alone in talking to Fishy Wishy. My fishy is so clever he (Yes he's a he), knows when it's feed time and will kiss (yes I said kiss), my fingers as I put in his food. He was three years old in April and growing well. :D
    Did I say your fish is pretty? Very pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and gorgeous. Took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely piece of art. That fish is really stunning and so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pillow. Great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I like it on the pillow, too. Great use of the SOC colors ---love the animation that shows your steps.

    Stop to view my SOC if you have a chance. http://proartz.blogspot.com/2014/07/abstract-photo-and-summer-of-color-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is absolutely gorgeous!!! It has now gone to my pinterest board of "red things I love" And yes, I believe you may be the ONLY one who talks to fish this way, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is absolutely stunning! I actually felt myself inhale when I opened your page. Gorgeous use of this week's colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! And I mean WOW!!! I absolutely love your fish. It is stunning, striking, and very beautiful. I just love the way you animated your creative process, too. And yes, I do think it would make a gorgeous pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! stunning project, the colours are perfect and make the fish pop. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this is amazing! Those colours somehow make it so majestic. I love how you did the background, and the fish is just too cute. Those lips, those eyes .... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this fish!! He is such a lovely colour! I would 100% buy it as a cushion!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...