Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer of Color Week 6: Raspberry, Tangerine and Lemon






Summer of Color is a 6 week blog party, hosted by Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle, celebrating (you guessed it) COLOR! This is the 4th year of SOC, but my first time participating. Each week a color palette is announced as a creative prompt. This week's colors are Raspberry & Tangerine with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Lemon.



This is it, folks. My last post for SOC4. This has been so much more fun than I could've imagined. Kristin's palettes challenged me and inspired a lot of new work that I feel very proud of. It's been quite the fruitful Summer, despite the fact that it raced by so quick I barely got a glimpse of it.

To those of you who've stuck with this challenge as well, give yourself a high 5! (I guess when you high-5 yourself, it's really just called clapping, huh?) It's a real accomplishment to stick to anything for 6 weeks!

Oh yeah, art! This week I  painted another portrait. I call her the Raspberry Queen.


And some close-up shots...

The raspberry crown. Fashionable and delicious.

 I didn't know what color to make her eyes because I didn't want to stray from the palette too much, and eyes just don't come in those colors, but this orangeyness actually worked out pretty well.

The lips are my favorite part. I tried to make them look stained, as if she'd been eating berries.

This piece is available as PRINTS, CANVAS PRINTS, PHONE CASES AND CARD SETS.


Fellow SOC-ers, please keep in touch! There's a zillion different ways to subscribe to this blog over in the right sidebar, or you can keep in touch via my facebook page. Hope to see ya there! XO

 photo subscribeweb.png

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I just did a little digital thing. Yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! This is an absolutely stunning work of art! I just love what you did with this week's colors. It has been wonderful seeing your blog these past weeks for SOC! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Raspberry red hair. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love your raspberry queen she is lovely and so much detail, I would say give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. great piece can't wait to take part next year very sad it's over so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's amazing!! what a great color combo. i've enjoyed seeing your SOC pieces so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an astounding painting and painted so quickly. It's amazing how you have used the SOC colours yet they look natural here. Love her real raspberry crown and raspberry coloured hair and her lovely face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blown away by your amazing talent. Your Queen is absolutely amazing, am in awe of how you have used this weeks colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love this, great use of the colours. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful face you've painted. You're right about the eyes, the color work terrificly well. Her lovely hair is stunning as well. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness she is spectacular! The detail - the colors - what a beautiful work! I bow to your talent....this is just excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazed how quickly you have created your beautiful painting. A wonderful finale to the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is absolutely gorgeous! Love that hair ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. and, oh yes, congrats on finishing the challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! She's gorgeous! Love the way you used these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! I love all the detail you put into this beautiful work - from the raspberry encrusted heair to her berry-stained lips and tangerine eyes - magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The raspberry queen is amazing! I love the details on her crown, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...