Thursday, September 4, 2014

Art Journal Page: Sweet Clarity

It's been a while since I've done some traditional art journaling. I love digital, but sometimes I just need to get my hands dirty. As many of you know, my area has recently endured a huge earthquake, and although my home and life is back in order now, the quake has shaken up all sorts of emotions in me that I wanted to address through art journaling.

My first page in this new journal is called Sweet Clarity, because despite the mess and trauma of the quake, it's helped me put my life into perspective and make some big decisions.

I'm working in a 9"x12" Strathmore Visual Journal with 90lb. watercolor paper.

I started with a wash of watercolor, then drew out my figure and title in ink with a dip pen...

Then I added depth and color to the figure with Inktense pencils and a water brush pen. 

I added highlights and details with a white gel pen pen and a white Prismacolor pencil.

And lastly I wrote out my journaling with a pink UniBall Vision Elite pen.

The taped edge is some striped fabric tape that doesn't hold well on it's own, so I also used some skinny washi tape.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page and I love your swimming girl. What a terrifying experience! I hope you keep your moment of clarity and it helps you get to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so terrifying to experience an earthquake .... I love the journalpage that came out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal page. I never have been through a large earthquake. Does it feel like your diving under water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, the earthquake felt like I was in a shoebox being shaken. I drew someone diving to symbolize the mental clarity that came from the experience.

      Delete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...