Friday, November 14, 2014

Journal 32: Part 2- My favorite journaling styles.

I'm still working in this loose-leaf format and loving it. You can see the first "journal 32" post here.

 This first spread is sort of more of a smash book kind of thing. I just wanted to keep this thank you note that I got from a client, and what better place to keep it than my journal? I have been trying to be more open to using my journals as scrapbooks, sketchbooks, notebooks, organizers, smash books, or whatever my need might be. I like the idea of having it all in one place.

 This was mainly a test of my Silhouette Machine's sketch pen feature, and I wanted to continue the use of metallic silver from the previous page. The sketch pens do skip a little, and I had to fill in some areas by hand, but it's still really cool to watch.

 On the right page here, I wanted a tiny stamp to do the bullet points for each musical artist, but I didn't have any- or so I thought. I tried my nail art stamping kit (the plate with this bow design is from Cheeky), and it worked wonderfully! Yay! Another way to use my nail polish collection!

 On the left here is an example of one of the ways I often journal on a work day. I keep a tally every hour or so of what I've accomplished since the last time I wrote. It's a good way for me to stay motivated and keep a nice productive pace throughout the day.

 There's a particularly lengthy and sort of embarrassing entry hidden between two index cards on the right of this spread. Sometimes you need to get thoughts out that you don't necessarily want to revisit.

 Here's the other side of that index card enclosure.

 On the right here is one of my "Tasks and Bribes" list that I make on days when I'm feeling really lazy. The left column is dreaded tasks, and the right column is things I'd rather be doing. For every one thing accomplished from the left, I get to do something from the right column.

The little tag here, which I added to break up the monotony of the plain written pages, is decorated with marker and a heat embossing pen.

 This is a Spongebob air freshener that I had in my car for YEARS. I couldn't just toss him, so he's retired to my journal.

 This peach paper that I've used for several pages is some copy paper that my aunt bought for my Dad back in 1994 when having a home computer and a printer was still a fairly rare thing. I remember printing out my Microsoft Paint masterpieces on it.

 On the left here, the background is an experiment in stamping through a stencil.

And...more lists. I'm a bit of a listaholic.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...