Friday, January 2, 2015

Full journal- Human Animal

For AJED this week, I present to you an ENTIRE journal....because I've been too lazy all month to share as I go along, so I thought I'd spend a whole Friday scanning and blurring and resizing and going nuts.

I was so happy with my last journal that I used the same format for this one- 5x7 loose leaf, bound with binder rings. I also loved that my last journal had a title, so I named this one, too.

Human Animal. It seemed appropriate for this stage in my life.

WARNING: I did not redact my potty mouth this time around. 

 Cover- Gelli print, paint markers, cutouts, JenHoney sticker.

 Left- Background made with stamps and distress ink, lettering in brush pen, pitt pen, and tombow markers.

Right- gelli print topped with a cutout of my deerheart logo.

 Left- handmade stamp background with a typed entry on a cutout. I did things a little differently this time around by typing and printing almost all of my entries. It was mostly for laziness sake.

Right- Cutouts and printing on a painted page. Yes, that says existential boner.

 Dividing this spread is the original sketch for this painting:


 The sticker on the right is by Ramon Sierra, and it is also insanely cute.

 The divider page here is a gelli print on deli paper.

 Left background is a repeat pattern stamp that I made for Carve December.

 On the right is the mockup that I made as a template for another Carve December stamp. I heart Castiel. Also, there's a bunch of xmas cards behind that. 5x7 is a good journal size if you like to bind any greeting cards that you get.

 On the right is another repeating pattern stamp, atop a stencilled image.

 Another sticker by Ramon.

 The background on the right page here is made by gelli printing white paint on white paper and then adding spray ink. I love the effect.

The flower on the left is a layering/mixed media experiment. It's a little wonky, but I still like it. Also, I'd like to call attention to the fact that that rejection quote is by Marilyn Monroe. The moral of this story, folks, is that everyone feels like a loser sometimes.

 Boring spread, but check out the cute corner punch (lower left).



Facebook and text conversations make up for a huge chunk of this journal.

 On the right is a little pocket I made for 4 tiny drawings sent to me by Tyler Landry/Clav.

 I had to get real creative on the left here. I wanted to put the organ donor info that I got from renewing my license into my journal, but that DMV stationary is so damn ugly. I had it taped in, but couldn't stand the look of it, so I finally decided to cover it up with some tracing paper, to which I added a quote from crazy Jenny Schecter on the L Word. It seemed ironically appropriate.

 On the left is a card/t-shirt design I did a couple Christmasses ago.



 Anyone else MAD OBSESSED with Hozier right now? I haven't listened to him in...jeez...nearly an hour. Must fix this.
 I also love the lettering of his logo.

 There are actually way more pages like this one on the right, but I'm only sharing the ones I decorated a bit.

 Some more Carve December stamps.

 Felted letter stickers, hand lettering, and a homemade stamp.

 Left is a Facetime screencap.

 On the left I cut out the tracing paper that I used to transfer a sketch to stamp carving material.

 OK, this entire spread is just a bunch of bad ideas turned into a mess. The bra/ribbon is a very thin magnet, but still heavy enough that no adhesive would hold it.



The end. On to a fresh new 2015 journal!
 photo subscribeweb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...