Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Journal: Thrill Ride, part 1

March's journal is titled "Thrill Ride". I'm working on developing an overall style for each new journal, so this one features carnival and circus themes, yellow as the main color, and inspiration from artists such as Roger Ballen and Shantell Martin.

 On the right is a postcard of my Harlequin painting.



 I'm loving using photos as my backgrounds lately.





 This background on the right is hand- drawn with one of the fattest Sharpie paint makers. I highly suggest owning a handful of these. They're so useful.










 On the left are designs for the front and back of a t-shirt commission.



 The corner designs on the right are snagged straight from a pack of Camels. I snapped a pic of the design and traced it in my cutting machine's software.


 On the left you can see I've busted out my alcohol inks recently. I forgot how much I love the effects.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...