Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer of Color, Week 2


Summer of Color is a 6-week art party lead by Kristen of Twinkle Twinkle. I participated last year for the 4th go-round, and I had so much fun that I'm back at it again for Summer of Color 5!

The guidelines for this week's palette were to choose 2 shades of pink and 1 shade of orange. I went about this systematically, like so:


Once I'd chosen my favorite trio of shades, I used them to create this painting:



I call her The Quiet Fire. She's not based off of any real person in particular.

Here's a little animation of the process:


I then went on to create this floral pattern in the same color scheme:



I used this pattern as surface design on some home decor and accessory items in my shop. Here is a sampling of my kitchen & dining products with these designs:

Flittering Florals





Thanks for coming by! Leave me a comment before you head off to check out the rest of the participants entries for this week.



25 comments:

  1. I love your digital creative process! "The Quiet Fire" is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful used of this week's colors! I love your floral pattern, too! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful talent You have,must be a joy.I am not a artist but do enjoy learning about ways to have fun with crafts during My later Years-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now Your newest follower.I will enjoy Your art and hopefully learn something too. Visit any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, love your portrait, and a beautiful pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive. And how fun to see the animation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art and use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the animation is great to watch. I always love seeing the process in this way. love your use of deep pinks and oranges.

    visiting from SOC, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing portrait and such a pretty floral pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hard enthusiastically from this first-class portrait! Especially I like your process animation. Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE her so much depth to her. Thank you for sharing the process. Anita #29 itsamistry Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great SOC colors to use to create a red head. Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful face. The expression is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice portrait and interesting to post an animation of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I become mesmerized and impressed each week with your animated shots of your art progress. Interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really striking portrait, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. intriguing to see the methodical testing of colour combos - and I love the woman you created

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous portrait, and the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love seeing your process in the animation. Love the patterned items too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...