Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer of Color, Week 3




Summer of Color is a 6-week art party lead by Kristen of Twinkle Twinkle. I participated last year for the 4th go-round, and I had so much fun that I'm back at it again for Summer of Color 5!

The guidelines for this week's palette were to choose 2 shades of purple and one shade of yellow.

Once I'd chosen my favorite trio of shades, I used them to create this painting:



I left this one rougher than I would've liked. I just don't have the time this week with wedding planning going on. But, I think there's a nice quality to leaving it rough as well. Perhaps I'll call it a happy happenstance.

Here's a little animation of the process:





Thanks for coming by! Leave me a comment before you head off to check out the rest of the participants entries for this week.



14 comments:

  1. I do love this one :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Your digital painting us simply amazing! I love all of the details and the moody feeling evoked from it! You used this week's colors beautifully, Jen! Thank you for sharing the animated process, too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful! The yellow for the highlights works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very super made! Your painting reminds me of Gauguin... Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well done :D I think with digital work, leaving it rough helps give the work a more painterly look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic painting, and a delight to be able to follow the process with the animation.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a stunning portrait! I love how the sunshine yellow highlights the side of her face. Loved watching the animation of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is beautiful... love the process animation... gorgeous art...

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  9. clearly she has a story to tell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone said it, but I will repeat - Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...