Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer of Color, Week 4


Summer of Color is a 6-week art party lead by Kristen of Twinkle Twinkle. I participated last year for the 4th go-round, and I had so much fun that I'm back at it again for Summer of Color 5!

The guidelines for this week's palette were to choose 2 shades of red and one metallic.

Once I'd chosen my favorite trio of shades, I used them to create this painting:



I put about 14 hours in on this piece, and I think it deserves some detail shots:





Here's a little animation of the process:





Thanks for coming by! Leave me a comment before you head off to check out the rest of the participants entries for this week.



13 comments:

  1. WOW! She is absolutely amazing! Your painting really moves me in so many ways! Thank you so much for sharing her with all of us at SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think your work is digital, is it? It's difficult to tell. Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is breathtaking!! Thank you for sharing all those steps-you obviously love creating these pieces-AND have a lot of patience:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is stunning, love it. Have a great weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's worth the time, this turn out beautifully and love all the details, though I kind of wish she is smiling or show some hints of happiness, guess wearing a crown isn't easy.

    visiting from SOC, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful detail. And the piece in progress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning - I love her expression in her body and face and now want to read the novel about her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I love your process-animations!!!! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice :) and love the little animation showing the work progress :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...