Sunday, December 27, 2015

Planner Post: Kitsch Christmas Spread

I have a tendency to avoid buying seasonal types of stickers and such. I just don't like owning things that can only be used for a week out of the year. So, when I went through my collection looking for festive decorations for this past week's spread, most of what i found were stickers I'd inherited from my grandma and a few bits of ephemera from estate sale grab bags. I laid it all out and it was so completely not my style, but I decided to embrace the kitsch of it. I even found a sticker featuring a festive banana hammock (see Tuesday the 22nd) and a card with a kitsch-tastic Christmas hairdo (the insert).
The other insert is a tag that I made for an art journal last year. It may look familiar to some.

The flocked teddy bear sticker- I remember when my grandma bought those back in 1987 or so. The flocked Santa sticker: even older.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm attempting to make commenting easier by allowing you to do so without signing in or filling out word verification. This leads to a lot of SPAM, though, so please leave me some feedback to make sifting through all the junk worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...